DVD Cabinet Tour | D + E




Hey Guys x

I haven't done one of these in over a month (because I had a break from blogging) and I really missed doing it!
For those who don't know, I have a huge cabinet full of DVDs, so I thought it would be fun to show you guys the movies that I do have, and do a mini-review of the ones that I've seen!

Let me know if you've seen any of them!

Daddy's Little Girls


 This is such a nice film! It's about a man (Played by Idris Elba) who is a father of three, and wants to get full custody of the children, against their mother who spends time with drug dealers and isn't the best role model. Along the way he meets Julia, a kick-ass lawyer who takes on his case. It's a great film, about how hard it is for a father to gain sole custody of his children, and I think it's worth a watch!
 
David Blaine - Mystifier
 
 
I'm not a huge fan of magic, so this doesn't really appeal to me. However, it's a documentary about David Blaine, who is a magician, and the tricks that he does. Mainly it just shows him doing different tricks, which will probably be interesting to some people!
 
Death At A Funeral
 
 
I haven't seen this film yet, but it's definitely on my list! It's about a family that reunites at a funeral, but when things go from bad to worse, will this family ever solve their problems? It looks so funny, so I can't wait to watch it!
 
The Devil Wears Prada
 
 
This is such an iconic film! It stars Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway, and it's about a woman who isn't really into fashion, who gets a job at a fashion magazine. All seems fine, until she meets her boss, Miranda Priestly, and realises just what she's let herself in for! If you haven't seen this film, watch it, because it's so great!
 
Devil's Due
 
This is a horror film that I really enjoyed! It's about a newly-wed couple, Samantha and  who get back from their honeymoon to discover that they're having a baby. It's earlier than planned, but they're both really happy. That is, until Sam starts acting weird. She begins becoming aggressive, eating raw meat (despite being a vegetarian) and exhibiting super-strength, amongst other things. From the name of the film, you can kind of guess what's happening, but if not I won't spoil it!
 
Diary Of A Mad Black Woman
 
 
This is a film that I saw when I was young, and loved so much! It's the story of a woman who has been thrown out of her home by her husband who has been having an affair. It's a comedy though, with a serious message. It also features a character called 'Madea' that is played by Tyler Perry, and is probably the funniest person that I've watched!
 
Die Another Day (James Bond)
 
 
I've never seen a James Bond film or been that much of a fan, so I haven't seen this. However, James Bond is played by Pierce Brosnan, and I think this is one of the earlier Bond films.
 
Domestic Disturbance
 
 
This film start John Travolta and Vince Vaughn and is about a man who discovers that his son's stepfather is not who he claims to be. I haven't seen this film in ages so I don't really know the plot, but it sounds great!
 
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
 
 

This is a horror film that stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce. It's about a young girl who is sent to stay with her father and his new girlfriend, where she believes contains creatures in the basement. I probably didn't describe it well, but it is quite a good film that's not that scary.
 
Dreamgirls
 
 
This film has one of the best soundtracks to a musical I've ever heard! It stars Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson, Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx among other amazing actors/singers and is about a girl group who have to question where their loyalties lie when the lead singer is changed. Great film!
 
The Echo
 
 
This is another horror movie! I know I've seen it, but I can't remember it that well. It's about an ex-convict who moves into his late-mother's house after getting released from prison. However, this home is more sinister than he could have ever imagined. I get the feeling that it wasn't good enough to watch a second time, but if you're a horror fan, you might want to add it to your collection!
 
End Of Days
 
 
I haven't seen this film, so I have no opinion of it. It's set in 1999 with the millennium approaching, when people start seeing signs that Satan has returned to Earth, looking for a woman to bear his child. Satan is played by Arnold Schwarzenegger (I think I spelt that right!), but to be honest, I don't think I'm going to watch this any time soon!
 
Equilibrium
 
 
 This film stars Christian Bale and Taye Diggs, but I haven't seen it so have no idea what it's about!
 
Evan Almighty
 
 
Evan Almighty is the sequel to Bruce Almighty, a film about a man who became God and had to deal with the challenges that came with that. I assume this film has kind of the same plot line but I don't really know because I haven't seen it!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below which (if any!) of these films you've seen!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I've only seen Evan Almighty! Although, I'd be interested in seeing the others!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely watch some of the others! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List