DVD Cabinet Tour | F + G


Hey Guys x

I wasn't going to post (apart from a 'Favourites' post) until Blogmas, which is next week. But I realised that I probably won't be able to do another one of these until the new year, so I thought that I'd just do one more, because I love doing them so much, before Blogmas starts!

I'm assuming you know how this works by now, but if not, I'm showcasing the DVDs in alphabetical order that I have (because I kind of collect them) and giving a mini-review of all the ones I've seen, so that I can either recommend them to you or tell you to stay far away from them!

If you've seen any that I'm mentioning, let me know in the comments!

Family Guy


I'm a huge fan of Family Guy, and have probably seen every episode, so it's not surprising that this ended up in the cabinet! It's an animated, politically incorrect comedy show that will have you laughing for hours!

The Family That Preys


I can't really remember what this film is about, but it's a family film that deals with themes such as Alzheimer's, among other issues.

Father of the Bride: Part 2


I love this movie! Part 1 was about a father who had to get used to the fact that his daughter was getting married. Part 2, is the same father dealing with that daughter getting pregnant, at the same time as his wife also gets pregnant! It's hilarious, and stars Steve Martin, which makes it even better!

The Fault In Our Stars


The iconic movie that everyone's been talking about since it came out! I went to see this in the cinema and really enjoyed it. I've also read the book, and liked it more than the film. It's about a cancer patient called Hazel Grace Lancaster who meets cancer survivor Augustus Waters, and they form a relationship. It's a great movie and I would encourage you to watch it even if you haven't read the book.

Final Destination 1, 2, 3 and 5


As I've probably said multiple times, I'm a huge horror fan, and one of my favourite horror franchises is the 'Final Destination' franchise. The only film I don't have here is the 4th one, which I've seen so many times that there's no point buying the DVD at this stage. They're about a group of people who are destined to die, when one of them has a vision that saves the lives of them all. However, they then begin to die in mysterious ways that they can't escape from. It's more gore than anything else, so definitely give it a try if you don't mind that!

Finding Nemo


I think this is a film that is loved universally! If you don't know, this is a Disney film about a clownfish called Nemo who gets separated from his father and has to find his way back. It's such a good film centred around a great idea. In addition to this, it introduces Dory, played by Ellen DeGeneres, who has a sequel, called 'Finding Dory' coming out next year! This is a must see!

A Fish Called Wanda


I have no idea what this is about, I've never seen it and I have no desire to watch it! If you've seen it, let me know what it's about!

For Colored Girls


I don't remember much about this film. To be honest, all I really know is that it's so depressing! There's just a lot of bad things that happen to a lot of black women, and I don't think I'd recommend it at all! I mean, I enjoyed it, but I'm probably not going to watch it again.

 
Forrest Gump
 


I haven't seen this, because I found the beginning scenes upsetting when I was young and never went back, but I basically know what it's about. It's about a kid that's being bullied because he's 'below average intelligence' and, while running away from the bullies, discovers that he's good at running, which leads him to many different things. Looking back on it now, it actually looks quite good, and I'm probably going to watch it properly!

Freaky Friday


Some of my favourite early memories are of watching this film with my mum, so it has a real emotional significance for me. It's about a mother and daughter, polar opposites, who end up switching bodies and have to find a way to switch back before the mother's wedding. The line that I'll always remember is: 'If what you see is what you lack, then selfless love will change you back' or something like that, because I was always trying to work out what it meant. And I still don't really know!

Friends With Benefits


I love this film so much! Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis play friends who try to be friends with benefits, i.e. having sex with no emotional attachment. It's such a well thought-out film with a witty script that I could watch over and over again!

Ghost


This is an iconic film! It stars Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, and is about a man who dies, but finds a way to contact his wife through someone else. it's a really nice film and I can't wait to watch it again because I haven't seen it in ages!

Godsend


This is a film that I haven't seen yet, but it's supposed to be quite scary so I do want to watch it. It's about a couple, who tragically lose their 8 year old son. They are approached by a professor who offers to clone their son, and they do. Everything goes great, and their new son is almost as good as the old, until he hits his 8th birthday, when everything changes. He begins having night terrors that turn into visions and his parents realise that something is dangerously wrong. This seems like quite a good film, but I can't recommend it until I see it!

Gone Girl


This film really annoys me, to the point where I can say with certainty that I'll never watch it again. The book is great. Long, but great. I think the idea behind it is amazing and the twist is one of the best twists in a film/book that I've ever seen, it took me completely by surprise and the writer (whose name escapes me) is amazing. This film was not done well, at all. It was about a hour and a half too long, making me lose interest, and... I don't know, I just think they could have gone at it from a different angle and made it so amazing, as amazing as the book was. I'd recommend that you watch it, just because at least you can say that you've seen it. But if you've read and enjoyed the book, you might not enjoy the film.

Grease


This is my favourite musical ever, and I have such good memories of watching it at night when I was staying at my nan's house. I used to watch it every time I went there and every time I watch it, those memories come back! It's a love story with amazing music and a great plot and script! I love it so much!

Thank you for reading

Comment below which of these films, if any, you've seen!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes