Sims 4 Get To Work | Game Review

 
Hey Guys x
 
So, something you may or may not know about me is that I am an avid simmer!
 
Since I was 12 I have been obsessed, whether playing on a phone or on the WII, I'd always find a way to play this game!
 
Anyway, I moved onto the PC version pretty quickly when I realised how much more advanced it was than the WII and phone versions!
 
Anyway, I went through the usual thing of starting at the beginning and working my way up, so from Sims 2, to Sims 3, and finally Sims 4.
 
I'm just going to talk about Sims 4 in this post, but I might do a comparison some other time.
 
So, the best things that people say about Sims 4 are the 'create a Sim' aspect and a few things that are different from Sims 3, such as pregnancy tests.
 
'Get To Work' is the first Sims 4 expansion pack (which basically adds different aspects to the game)
 
The expansion pack adds 4 careers to the usual game. But rather than careers, they're 'professions'. What that means is that you can go to work with your character.
 
They have added four professions: Doctor, Scientist, Detective and a retail career.
 
For the Doctor, Scientist and Detective, you go to work every day as usual, and then they get you to perform different sets of tasks.
 
For example, for the Doctor career, you get to talk to the patients and bring them food, and eventually when you get promoted highly enough, you get to treat the patients, which I think is a really cool idea!
 
And this is basically the same for the Scientist and detective career, they give you tasks to complete until you get a promotion, which I like.
 
The retail career however, is a bit different.
 
You pick the shop that you want to own or build your own shop. I chose not to build my own because it looked a bit complicated, so instead I chose to buy a pre-owned business. This is more expensive, but I do think it's worth it.
 
Anyway, I'll stop telling you what it entails because there's a lot of information on various websites!
 
What I Like
I'm really enjoying playing the Sims 4 at the moment, and this expansion pack really enhances my experience. My favourite career is the retail career, just because I love the idea of owning my own shop. You are able to sell anything that you want and it's really cool to be the boss and to manage your employees! I love that aspect of it because it's kind of like seeing things from a different perspective, which I like, But I also like the professions, because they add new dimensions to the game, such as seeing sick people of seeing people commit crimes. I love it!
 
What I Don't Like
There are a few aspects of the new expansion pack that I don't really like. For example, with the retail career, you don't have set opening or closing times. This basically meant that, while I was playing as a teenager (my sim was a teenager) I couldn't go to school because I would work all night, and be so tired that I'd have to sleep all day. Also, with the other jobs, I like them, but sometimes they are a bit time consuming. It's like, if you play the game, you have to be fully committed to the career and not really focus on anything else, which I didn't really like.
 
Overall
I really think that this game is worth it if careers is something on the Sims that you're really interested in. If your more into starting a family and other things, maybe wait until it comes down in price. But I still think that it's a really good thing to have!
 
I'm glad I got it and I can't stop playing it!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below which Sims is your favourite!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I've never really played sims but I used to watch Zoe & Alfie's videos on it but I never realized that Sims was this interactive and real-life like. I kind of want to try it out now!

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sims 4 and love it, but i wasn't sure if it was worth buying this expansion pack but now i think you have sold it for me because i love he idea of sending me sim off to be a scientist!

    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great addition to the game! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

NYAD | Film Review