Book Review #16: Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning



You may have seen this book in last Friday's 'What's In My Bag' post, and it you haven't, you can read it here!

I had never read a Sarra Manning book before I read this one. I bought it on a whim because I read the burb and I thought it looked like an interesting read. I was not disappointed!

The book is about Bea. Bea is a  'dull' girl who doesn't have proper friends and has a fixed routine. She is a 17-year-old who behaves like a 50-year-old. So Bea finds it a bit weird when her ex-best-friend Ayesha invites Bea to join the 'popular' clique, with an extended invitation to join the girls in Malaga. But things like this never go to plan, and Bea ends up on the train to Paris, to see the father she never knew in the place she's always been in love with. Along the way, she meets 6 American students, one of which, she develops an instant crush on. His name is Toph. But sooner or later, Bea has to decide. Will she be the good girl she always has been, or will this holiday enable Bea to become the person that she's always wanted to be?

The character of Bea is a great character. Although she's said to be predictable, throughout the novel, she really comes into her own and you stop being able to predict what she will do. Bea gets up to adventures, and the story makes you wonder why you aren't on those adventures too. I love Bea because she shows that appearances can be deceiving, and that the worst thing you can do is to judge someone when you don't know them. As well as this, it shows that sometimes, we need to be pushed out of our comfort zones to discover who we really are.

What was good?
This book encourages you to have adventures. It makes you want to travel, to see the world, to meet new people. Bea is such a lovable character that you can't help but relate with her and sympathise with her when things don't go her way.

What was bad?
Personally, I felt that the characters of the 'popular clique' came on a bit strong, and it was unrealistic that Bea was not more wary of them, as I think I definitely would have been!

Overall
Read this book, then read it again. I could not get tired of this book if I tried and I'm sure that this will be the case for a lot of you too! You'll love this book if you want a sense of adventure, or if you just want a good story to chill out with while on your summer holidays. Literally, get this and read it right now!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what you thought of this book!

Comments

  1. Great review. I like reading books and so I like to read some of the reviews and decide whether to get a book or not. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check out the rules on my blog ! X

    http://kieramgreen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List