Feeling Ill and a Birthday Party

Hey Guys x

Sorry for the shortage of posts within the last few days, due to me feeling incredibly sick.
Today's post is going to be the more 'vlogging' day-in-the-life style post that I've only done once before, but people seemed to really enjoy.

Last Friday (11th July) was the 17th birthday of my best/oldest friend, Lilly,  but unfortunately, we couldn't celebrate on that day because we were in college.

On that Friday was Arts Evening at our college, a day to celebrate the artists in our school. Different people showcased their artistic talents. Friends of mine showcased photos, paintings, sculptures and it was amazing. Lilly played an amazing piece on the piano and my sister sang with the choir, it was a great event. As well as this, each form class created a stall based on a childhood novel, selling food and decorating, and they all looked amazing.














This picture is from my friend's 'Alice In Wonderland' Stall, and can be found on Lilly's instagram!

So anyway, we couldn't celebrate Lilly's birthday on that day because so much was going on, so we had to celebrate it on the following day.

Overall, 4 of us from college celebrated Lilly's birthday with her. The first thing we did was go here:
 
a shop/restaurant called 'Aobaba', where the four of my friends indulged on some much needed Bubble tea! We spent about an hour here, taking pictures so we could remember this day.
 
We then went back to Lilly's house, where we watched the last 3/4 of Noah.
 
 
Normally, I am not interested in biblical films, so I wasn't hopeful that Noah would be something that I would actually enjoy. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised! Although it was based around the bible, it was so interesting and there were so many scenes were not about the bible. I definitely want to watch it again, and I hope that I can actually watch the beginning this time!
 
We then wanted to watch something scary, but instead of settling for the conjuring or insidious, we watched half of two Asian short films that were actually pretty scary! We couldn't finish the first one because it got inappropriate and confusing very quickly, and we couldn't finish the second one because it was getting late and dark and we had to cut the cake.
 
I then had to leave early as I began to feel  as if I had extreme hay fever. After taking a hay fever tablet I realised that I was actually getting the flu.

I spent the following day in bed, watching old episodes of The Twilight Zone and trying to stay awake. I didn't even allow myself to use my laptop, meaning that I have so many YouTube videos to catch up on! But as I'm missing a day of college to recover, I guess I'll have plenty of time to watch all of these videos:



 
 Thank you for reading!

Let me know if you enjoyed this type of post and I'll hopefully do more in the future.
Comment below how you spent your weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'