Everything Everywhere All At Once | Film Review

 

It has taken me such a long time to finally see this film. Originally I was waiting for it to be on a streaming service, but when it came out I kept putting it off. But finally I've seen it.

A woman (Michelle Yeoh) is forced into an adventure when she has to help protect the multiverse by connecting with parallel versions of herself.

This is a good film, though I have to say with all the hype surrounding it, my expectations were really really high and they weren't fully met.

The characters are likeable from the beginning, and the opening scenes did a great job of introducing them all. Other than Yeoh, the film also stars Stephanie Hsu, Ke Huy Quan, and Jamie Lee Curtis, who all play their roles really well.

The concept is really interesting. The premise could easily become confusing, but it's explained really well.

There are so many interesting themes throughout the film, some of which I didn't expect - family, courage, self-belief, trust and so much more.

I love the idea that each universe gives you unique skills to deal with things in the current universe - it makes you wonder who you'd be if you made different decisions in life.

The film itself is chaotic, intense and all over the place - exactly like the name suggests. This is great, but at times it can be a bit much.

The first half of the film kept my focus better than the second half.

Some scenes felt like they lasted too long, especially towards the end. But having said that, I was thoroughly entertained the entire way through.

Overall, while I did really enjoy this film, I did finish it feeling a bit underwhelmed. But saying that, this is a really sweet movie with a heart-warming overall message that's definitely worth a watch!

7/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List