Meet Cute | Film Review


I've been looking forward to seeing this film for a while, mainly because I'm a fan of the main actors. But in saying that, I didn't really know what the film was about (other than being a romantic comedy) until I started watching it.

When Sheila (Kaley Cuoco) and Gary (Pete Davidson) meet, it's love at first sight, complete with an amazing first date. But is this really their first date?

I left the description as vague as possible because I do think it's worth not knowing much about it before going in.

I didn't like this film. I don't love the premise, but I felt like it could have been good if the characters had been written differently.

The first note I made was 'are the characters supposed to be insufferable?', and spoiler alert, they must be because they never got easier to watch, especially Sheila.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, for things to get less weird, and looking back on it, I don't think this ever really happened. Or maybe I just became uninterested by the time things did get less weird.

I wasn't interested in this couple. There wasn't enough time given to build authentic chemistry, and due to some of the events in the film, I kind of feel like they weren't really meant to be together.

The writing isn't great, and the characters aren't the most fun to watch. Because of this, I found that I got bored of it quite quickly.

Overall, I wouldn't personally recommend this film. There could be people that love it, but for me, it was underwhelming and felt a bit pointless. I never cared about the characters or their story.

3/10



Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion