A Christmas Tag | Blogmas Day 17


Happy Blogmas Day 17!

I found a Christmas Tag on the website 'Root Report', which you can check out HERE!

I do a tag every year during Blogmas, and for the most part, none of the questions looked familiar, or like I'd answered them before. So I thought that this list of 30 questions was the perfect thing for me to do today!

1. As a kid, did a sibling ever receive a present that you wished was for you?
Not to my knowledge. My sister and I are four and a half years apart, so for the most part, we got age appropriate gifts that the other wouldn't want. Having said that, when she got video games for Christmas (for some reason, I never did) I spent way longer playing them than she did!

2. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Probably a controversial opinion, but definitely receiving. For me, giving gifts is really stressful, particularly when you're a broke student. You end up buying gifts for people who never even thought about giving you one, or vice versa and then you feel guilty for not buying someone something. And that's not even taking into account the people (like myself) who never know what they want, so you worry about getting them the wrong thing. Either way, I find it stressful!

3. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don't really stick to them, which is why I've stopped making them. For me making resolutions has definitely turned into making a list of things to spend the whole of the next year feeling guilty about, so I just don't bother with it anymore.

4. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Nope, never!

5. Do you visit a poor people's places on Christmas Day?
I don't know if that's worded correctly, but if the question is do I volunteer or do something for the less fortunate on Christmas day, no I don't. Christmas day itself has always been a family affair.

6. Have you ever made a snowman?
No, there's never enough snow! When you think about snow, you think about it piling up and you being snowed in. But in the UK, we only ever get enough to make the trains stop running, but not enough to actually do anything fun.

7. How many gifts that you received on Christmas?
I have no idea what this questions means. Maybe what's the highest number of gifts I've received? If that's the question, then I don't know, because I've never counted. It's never important - quality over quantity.

8. How do you decorate your house on Christmas day?
Other than having a Christmas tree, I don't decorate the house in any specific way.

9. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake, it's always been fake. We usually use the same one each year, but this year we've branched out and bought a new one.

10. Most memorable holiday moment?
My memory is so awful that I actually don't have one. I can barely remember last Christmas, let alone Christmases before that.

11. Tell me about a person who makes your Christmas day very special?
Well, the only people who I spend Christmas with every year is my mum and sister, so probably one of them as they're the constants.

12. Tell me which celebrations you like the most that are the birthday celebration or Christmas celebration?
Once again, I don't really understand the question. I guess what I enjoy doing on one of these days? My answer would be watching Christmas movies - and that still applies since my birthday is only 13 days before Christmas, and at that time Christmas movies are playing continuously!

13. Use one noise to describe how excited you are for Christmas?
I'm not really that excited to be honest. I guess some docile jingle bells or something?

14. What is your most surprising moment on Christmas?
Nothing particularly surprising has ever happened to me on Christmas, but there's always time!

15. What do you like to do on Christmas break?
There are lots of things, but as I've mentioned before, the ones that get me most into the Christmas spirit are watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas songs!

16. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
The tradition of breaking tradition. Last year I broke tradition by having a more personal Christmas, just with immediate family, and I plan on doing that again this year.

17. What's the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Because my birthday is so close to Christmas, everything just becomes a blur and I can't remember when I got certain presents. But I appreciate each and every one of them in the same way.

18. What is the worst present you've ever received?
There's no way I'm answering that!

19. What's your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
I think hot chocolate, because that's the thing that I always think of when the topic of food and drink at Christmas comes up!

20. Favourite Christmas film?
I have too many! But right now, 'The Family Stone'! Or 'This Christmas'.

21. Favourite Christmas song?
'Mistletoe' by Justin Bieber. I'm loving that song so much right now!

22. Favourite thing about Christmas?
The way that the world seems to slow down when the Christmas period comes around. It seems like the world lets go of the breath that they've been holding for 11 months.

23. What makes the holidays special for you?
As I just said, the period surrounding Christmas is what makes it special for me.

24. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Somewhere were it snows all the time, like a cabin or something, like you see in the Christmas movies!

25. Would you like to stay home with your family, or travel with them, at Christmas?
Stay home for sure! Travelling at Christmas must be really hectic!

26. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
I feel like I've already answered that, but again, it's the festive-ness in the air. That is better than anything else about Christmas for me.

27. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
In all honesty, it gets later and later every year. I'm writing this a few days before I post, and I don't feel particularly excited yet.

28. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Usually at home, or at a family member's home.

29. Who does a lot of work in your family on Christmas day?
Whoever's house we're at!

30. You have been granted one Christmas wish... what will it be?
In all honesty... probably uninterrupted happiness until next Christmas, when I can make the same wish again!

Feel free to answer these questions yourself, on your own blog, or even in the comments!

It's 8 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 18!

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review