Mission: Impossible - Fallout | Film Review

Image result for mission impossible fallout poster

Hey Guys x

I saw this on Monday and I'm still on a high from it. It was so intense that I'm still thinking about it and wondering how the hell they managed to make it!

It's the sixth film in the franchise, but our team are still the same. Except this time, Ethan Hunt is forced to team up with August Walker, a CIA assassin. Their mission (if they choose to accept it) is to recover three plutonium cores that are going to be used to launch nuclear attacks across the world. The team have to work together and trust each other to stop these weapons from falling into the wrong hands. But are these wrong hands closer than they think?

I loved this film!

It wasn't one that I was particularly looking forward to when I heard that they were making another, just because I haven't seen the first three, and although I LOVED Ghost Protocol (number 4), I wasn't as enamoured with Rogue Nation (number 5) - but my excitement definitely increased when I started to hear more and more about it, to the point where I wanted to go and see it as quickly as possible so that it wouldn't be spoiled for me.

The thing that stands out the most to me about these movies are the stunts. I watch a lot of action films, whether that be spy films, superhero films, thrillers, you name it, I watch it. But no film franchise does stunts as well as the Mission films, and no actor does stunts as well as Tom Cruise. I am completely in awe of the man, and this film only made that all the more prominent.

As much as I missed Jeremy Renner's Agent Brant, I still loved seeing the rest of the cast get together once again. They all have an undeniable chemistry, whether they were there from the first film, or whether they joined in the previous one. And the new additions to the cast, Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett and Alec Baldwin were such amazing additions and helped to make the film completely incredible. Oh, and because she was in the trailer I don't think this is a spoiler, but still, someone who wasn't in the previous film comes back to the franchise, and it was so great to see her.

I also found that the story this time around was one that I understand and could empathise with. It felt more grounded and more human. From the first scene, you're not really watching spies, you're watching a group of guys who have each other's backs, and have to make sacrifices to save each other, and I loved that about the film. There are a lot of movies where the main characters have to literally save the entire world, and even though that could be the case here, the entire world isn't the main focus of the film. It's as contained as a Mission: Impossible film can be, and although they're travelling all over the world, you never feel lost or confused. You're right there with them for every step of the way. In fact, you kind of feel like you're part of the team.

The only slight negative I have about this film is that, there is a twist in it, and I guessed the twist really early on (probably because I've been in too many YouTube comment sections!), but that doesn't take anything away from it - plus it's revealed maybe just over halfway in, so it's not like I guessed the entire ending!

Overall, what are you waiting for? This came out on Friday and you should literally be in the cinema right now watching it. Go!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review