Deadpool 2 | Film Review

Image result for deadpool 2 poster

Hey Guys x

Finally I'm reviewing Deadpool 2! Sorry it's taken me so long, I ended up seeing it really late, but I loved the first one, and I love Ryan Reynolds, so of course I was excited to see this.

Deadpool's back! Only this time, his mission is a selfless one. After meeting teenage mutant orphan, Russell, he takes pity on the angry boy and tries to protect him. However, when he discovers that Russell is being targeted by Cable, a genetically enhanced soldier from the future, Wade assembles a team of old and new heroes to destroy Cable once and for all.

I loved this film!

Of course, the main reason that I loved it was the humour. Ryan Reynolds outdid himself with some of the jokes this time around. The thing that is appealing about Deadpool to me is that nothing is off limits in terms of jokes - he was able to reference other Marvel movies, he could even reference DC. And whoever wrote the jokes really knew the audience that they were writing for, so it really paid off!

But there were also a lot of heartfelt moments in the film. They were undercut with comedy, but that didn't stop them from really hitting the audience hard. This time around, Deadpool is much more human than he was in the first, in my opinion. His relationship with Russell really affected him, and as a result, the audience.

The cast for this film was amazing. It was really nice to have all of the original cast back once again, but this time around we got a lot of new people to work with, and each new person brought something new to this world, expanding it further and further.

I also have to mention the post-credit scenes. Of course, I won't spoil them, because they really should come as a complete surprise, but they are so freaking amazing that they need to be talked about. Whoever had the idea (for some reason, I feel like it was Ryan himself) was a genius!

In terms of comparing this movie to the first one, although I loved them both, I do think that I enjoyed the second one more. For a start, we know the character well enough at this point to not need an origin story, which is great. We could get right into the jokes without having to be introduced to all of the characters, and the characters that we were introduced to slotted in so well that it didn't matter that we hadn't met them before. But as well as that, it felt like the writers and director were able to take more risks this time because they knew that they had a fanbase for this character and a market for an R-rated Marvel movie, and they definitely delivered that!

Overall, if you're a fan of comic book movies, and old enough (or mature enough) to watch an R-rated movie, watch this!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'