My Second Year At University!


Hey Guys x

Yesterday, I completed my last (and only exam), and today, I am sitting in front of my laptop, blasting music and singing like my life depends on it. I guess you could say, I'm happy to be finished!

But I guess this post is just to talk through finishing my second year.

Now, I don't enjoy uni as much as the average person. Because I live so close, it's just a case of 'this is the place I go and take classes three or four times a week for two hours at a time.'

I have to say though, I enjoyed this year more than I enjoyed last year, and I think I know why.

In my first year, I was focused on having the usual 'university' experience. I wanted to make loads of new friends and kiss boys and do all the stuff that American college girls do in movies. And when most of those things didn't happen, I felt like I wasn't living up to my true potential or something. Like I was letting myself down.

This year, I just didn't worry about that stuff. I started being unapologetic.

I am owning the fact that I'm the girl who's obsessed with movies and actors and who'd much rather sit at home with a book and let my sister swipe through my Tinder than go out and hang out with a bunch of people who's sole goal is to get completely and utterly wasted. I don't even like alcohol!

And when I accepted that about myself, I started to enjoy the year a lot most, because I was doing what I wanted to do, for me, and not worrying about how people felt about it.

Even today, I'm sure after finishing exams most people want to be out with friends, drinking and celebrating. I am 100% happy to be at home alone with my laptop and my iPod at full volume. Because you know what... if I wasn't happy being alone, I wouldn't be. I'd be out doing other stuff. I've gotten to the point in my life where being alone isn't sad, it's liberating!

But I went on a tangent! Back to how I found second year!

In terms of the work, it wasn't too bad. I expected a huge jump from first to second year, and it wasn't that big. I mean, yes there were a lot of essays to hand in, but only one exam, which kind of balances things out!

In terms of the tutors, some of them were ok, some weren't. I think it would be the same anywhere, but some of them I could really do with not having again next year!

There was a lot more reading this year actually. Or there would have been if I'd read half the books I was supposed to! But that's only because, for example, my Modern American Fiction class consists of 3 essays, which I only needed 5 books for. So why should I read all 18??

And... that's mostly it. It wasn't completely different to first year, but the way I felt probably was!

Thank you for reading!

Are you in Uni? How do you feel about it? Comment below!

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List