Not Being Passionate


Hey Guys x

Today I want to talk about not being passionate. It's something that's been playing on my mind recently and I thought I should try and organise my thoughts enough to be able to write a post on it.

I'm not really passionate about things.

Like, I get passionate in short bursts. Particularly about people, I get very passionate (some might say obsessed) about actors, but that's an ongoing thing. I'm never not obsessed with an actor (in my current case, three at once!)

But in terms of things in my life, I don't really get passionate.

I was passionate about writing, for a long time. I still am in a way.

But criticism and negativity and time have just completely knocked me down, to the point where I don't really know if it's what I want anymore.

I mean, I love writing. I love writing on wattpad, it is something that I'm constantly passionate about.
I love writing my blog, I love planning little stories, getting a quarter through and then getting passionate about the next idea.

But I don't think I'm really passionate about it. I want to write a book, but I kind of feel like, if I really wanted to write a book, why aren't I currently doing it?
Why aren't I using every available moment to write and think of ideas and write some more.
Why does any tiny criticism make me feel like I never want to write another word?

I guess this is probably a normal thing to feel, but I still feel it, and I don't know how to overcome this.

It's the same thing with film.

I am more passionate about film right now than anything else in my life. I'm passionate about watching film, making films, eventually going into a career in directing.

But, I don't know if I would do anything in the world, sacrifice anything to get there, and therefore, I don't know if I'm really passionate about it, because I wouldn't risk anything to get there.

Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts.

Thank you for reading.

What are you passionate about? Comment below

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'