I've Made It?


Hey Guys x

I'm putting this up mega early today because, if I wait until 5 and then forget to upload one more time, I'm going to be really annoyed with myself!

First of all, I need to apologise for my lack of blog posts for the last few weeks. I wrote a mega-long post explaining why I've not been posting as much, but chickened out and deleted it! But hopefully they'll be many more posts to come from me very soon!

This post is a response to a Carrie Hope Fletcher video, that you can watch below!


In the video, she talks about 'making it', about getting her dream roles and how dangerous it is to become complacent because one or more aspects of your life are going really well.

And I completely agree with everything she said - but I do have to admit, this is definitely something that I do.

You know how most people procrastinate? Put things off until they have no choice but to do them? Well, I do that, but a lot of the time, I also find myself giving up - and I kind of connect it with this thought.

For example, I'm trying to write a book - when I got halfway through it (40,000 words) I stopped. I went around in my head saying 'I don't need to do anything, I'm halfway through!' and I stopped writing for almost a year! Then I went back a few months ago and thought 'What's wrong with you?'

And I do this with so many things in life! So I wondered to myself, can anything that I've ever done be considered 'making it'?

For example, I hit 50,000 blog views a few months ago, and I could have thought 'I've made it' - but instead, I thought 'OK, let's get to 55,000' and so on, and I really like this newfound determination.

With my book now, I'm thinking 'Let's edit the first half' then 'let's write the second half', because I'm pushing myself to actually get it done, and to make it something that I'm proud of.

And I just think it's really interesting. What's considered 'making it?' - from my point of view, it's doing something that other people want to do, but haven't done yet. For example, I could consider Giovanna Fletcher as someone who's made it because she's written a lot of successful books. I could then consider Cecilia Ahern and Jane Green having made it even more because they've written even more books.

Basically, making it is subjective, but I agree with Carrie, making it doesn't mean the end. Make it for you - complete one of your personal goals. And if you think you've made it, make it for someone else - do something that you haven't thought about, make someone jealous, make yourself proud! After all, if you try and fail, you can still say you tried.

Thank you for reading!

Comment below your own version of 'making it' - mine would be having a book on the shelves!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Nice blog post!
    I think making it for me would be to get my drawings noticed by a magazine and actually feature in one! I'm working hard towards that every day... ish. Lol
    I definitely think you should continue with writing your book. I remember when I used to read on Wattpad, my friends and I came across a book that we loved and now it has been published!! Go for it girl! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get there one day! And thanks so much xx

      Delete
  2. I don't know exactly what I consider making it to be. Sometimes I think I have but there's always something more I feel I could do. This was great to read, I loved Carrie's video and this post x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'