July Favourites! | 2016

Hey Guys x

So as you've probably guessed, it's time for another Favourites post!

Let me know what your favourites are this month!

Favourite Movie: The Shallows


I watched this a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a huge fan of shark movies, just because they tend to be unrealistic, however, I really enjoyed this one! I'm a huge fan of the main/only actress Blake Lively, and it was nice to see her in a different role to anything she's done before. If you want me to do a full review of this, let me know in the comments!

Favourite TV Show 1: Orange Is The New Black

If you've seen my blog post on my reaction to season 4 of the show, or you've watched the show yourself, you'll know why I love it. I've spoken about this show far too much already this month to go too far into it now - but I really do love it!

Favourite TV Show 2: Marvel's Jessica Jones


I spoke about this already last month when I had seen a few episodes - now I've finished the series and I had to put it in this favourites because I thought it was amazing! I love Marvel, particularly the actual movies. But for me, the villain in this series, Kilgrave, is the best villain that Marvel have ever created (that I know of!) and I am in awe of him! If you plonked Kilgrave in the middle of an Avengers' film, they'd all shit themselves because there's nothing that they could do to stop him, and for me, that makes him the most amazing villain. In fact, I'd love to see him as the main villain in an Avengers movie, just to see what would happen!

Favourite Song: I Will Survive (Demi Lovato Cover)

I found this cover the other day and have not stopped listening to it since! It's from the 'Angry Birds' movie and her voice is amazing! Honestly, it's the best cover of the song that I've ever heard and if you haven't heard it, you really need to!

Favourite YouTuber: Zoe Sugg

I have become addicted to Zoe's vlogs lately! I don't know what it is, but I find watching other people live their lives kind of therapeutic, and hers are great because she's always doing something different and always hanging out with someone fun!

Favourite Game: Demi Lovato: Path To Fame

Again, this is something that I've spoken about a lot, but they've just put up Season 3 of the game and so far I'm really enjoying it. The only thing I'd change would be the fact that you have a have a lot of diamonds to really enjoy the game and play it the way that you really want to play, but nevertheless, I'm still really enjoying it!

Favourite Celebrity: Samira Wiley

If you don't watch Orange is the New Black, you might not know who this is. Samira Wiley plays Poussey in the show, and she's just such an amazing actress! She's also in the film 'Nerve' that's coming out within the next few weeks and also stars Dave Franco and Emma Roberts. She's definitely one to watch!

Favourite YouTube Video 1: The Problem With Rebooting Ghostbusters

Hazel Hayes is a real movie buff, I really look forward to hearing her reviews of the movies that she's seen and nearly always agree with her opinions. However, in this video, Hazel talks about her idea for Ghostbusters, or rather, what she'd do if she was in control of the film. I have never seen a Ghostbusters film in my life, but when she explained what she would have done, I felt... invested, like I'd been watching these films all my life. Her idea just seemed right, and I can't believe that the film made is different in any way from Hazel's amazing idea!

Favourite YouTube Video 2: New Hair & Smear Fear


This is a Zoella vlog. In the vlog, she talks about having a smear test. She was really scared and anxious when she was anticipating the appointment, but when she had it, she realised it was fine and was urging everyone of age to get them. From what I know, you have to be 25/26 to get one, but I just want to echo Zoe's words. If you're reading this and putting off having one, go and get one done! They're so important, and it would be the worst thing in the world if, later in life, you have a problem that could have been avoided by having your smear done.

Random Favourites:

Rogue
















I'm beaming with pride about this, so of course I had to put it in my favourites and give myself some promotion. This is a fanfiction that I've been writing, based on the Avengers and their movies. Today (or yesterday, when you're reading this!), this story hit 16K reads and I am so happy! I've put a huge part of myself into this story, and writing it has been some of the most fun that I've had this whole year, so I'm really glad that people are reading it and seem to enjoy it. If you want to read it. or are feeling nice and want to give me some reads and votes, click this link to be taken to chapter 1! Let me know what you think!


On The Other Side


I can't say too much because I'm putting my review of this up tomorrow, but it is in my favourites for a very good reason and if you haven't read this book, read it!

Camden





My last favourite is a place! I went to Camden for the first time on Friday and I was mesmerised by how colourful and unique everything was. It's a place where everyone can really be themselves and I loved it! If you haven't been there before, go! But also, take someone who knows where they're going (like I did!) unless you have no problem getting lost!

Thank you for reading!

Are you gonna try one of my favourites? Tell me which one in the comments!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Awesome favourites post Lou! Your blog inspires me so much. I love Zoe Sugg so much too! I have been watching her vlogs and videos for around a year now and I have never turned back! I haven't picked up my copy of On The Other Side yet but I am eager to read it!! :)
    If you have chance, would you be able to have a look at my favourite post? laurelella.blogspot.com
    Thank you so much! Hope you are having an awesome day. :)
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'