Appreciating Disney Dads!

Hey Guys x

It's father's day in the UK today!

So I thought that, to celebrate this day, I'd celebrate all of my favourite dads from the world of Disney!

I'm gonna count down some of my favourites - let me know if you agree in the comments!

The King of Arendelle

First of all - look how gorgeous he is!! But no, I love him because he was a good dad. He definitely tried to do the right thing by his daughters, even if he does protect Anna at the expense of Elsa - but even so, he does what he has to do, he protects his children for as long as he can, and I think that this makes him a great dad!

James


James is in here, mainly because of the line 'I remember daddy told me, fairy tales can come true. But you gotta make 'em happen, it all depends on you...' in the song 'Almost There'. I think that this is such a good message to give to your children and it definitely shaped Tiana in the best way - so much so that she's still quoting him long after his death. James left a legacy behind, and that makes him an amazing father!

The Sultan


The Sultan is definitely one of my favourite dads! He spends most of the movie trying to find a husband for his daughter, but once she finds Aladdin, he's accepting and loving of him, inviting him immediately into the family, which I love! Plus, what other dad would let his daughter have a pet Tiger? Or let her date a guy who has a pet monkey and a flying carpet?

King Triton

Triton had 7 daughters to contend with! So when he makes his mistakes with Ariel, I think it's OK to let him off - could you handle being a single parent to 7 daughters? I know I couldn't! And yes he can be irrational and judgemental, but he says what he says out of love! No one wants their 16 year old daughter to move away with an older man! Especially one who's not the same species as her! He's definitely well within his rights to be a bit critical!

Professor - Jane's Dad

The professor (I can't remember his real name!) is without a doubt the dad that I would want! He goes with his daughter wherever she needs to go, he lets her date and be in love with a monkey-man, and then at the end, not only does he let her stay in the jungle, but he stays with her! I mean, dad goals anyone?? Not that I want to do all the things that Jane does, but it would be great to have a dad that's so understanding and lenient!

Maurice

Maurice is great! He's different from everyone else in their village, but he doesn't care, and I love that! He also completely accepts Belle's differences too - and the fact that she doesn't want to be like everyone else, and why should she? When Belle's been kidnapped, he doesn't care that everyone in town thinks he's a lunatic, he goes to Gaston and tries to find help, which I think was so brave (especially when he could have just called the police!) - so yeah, Maurice is amazing!

Bob Parr

I think Bob is Pixar rather than full-on Disney, but for the purposes of this post, he's a Disney dad! Bob is the first superhero dad and he's incredible! He balances being a superhero and being a father so much better than these modern-day super dads (yes, Hawkeye and Ant-man, I'm looking at you!)and he does it so well!

Mulan's dad

I can't remember his name! However, I've put Mulan's dad in this list because of the unshakable bond that he has with his daughter. I mean, I would never do for my dad what Mulan did for her's - she made the ultimate sacrifice and I think that this shows how incredible they both are! Plus, it would be hard for a princess to have so much independence if her father wasn't loving and accepting of her choices!

Mufasa

And last but not least, one of my favourite dads, Mufasa! He was such a good father to Simba, he taught him right from wrong, he taught him how to be who he needs to me, he was even helping him from beyond the grave! Simba spent the whole movie running away from the guilt that he might have been the cause for his father's death, but his father's death is the making of him, which is so incredible! Honestly, he is one of the best Disney dads ever!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your favourite Disney dad!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. A wonderful take on Father's day! It really shows off your personality. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'