Holding Grudges

Hey Guys x

First of all, this post is 3 days late and I'm really sorry about that. I had half of it written on Wednesday evening when everything went wrong and my laptop stopped working. Thankfully, the first half of this post saved so I can just continue now!

Second of all, thanks for the nice comments on my 'Sefie-shy' post, you all really helped and I enjoyed seeing what you had to say. If you haven't seen it, click here!

But right now, I want to talk about grudges.

Some of us don't hold grudges. Sure you get into arguments or someone insults you, but when everything is done and the apologies have been dealt, you can easily forget everything that happened and move on, still with this person by your side.

I can't do this.

If someone insults me or I get into an argument with someone, I can't just let it go. And I don't go as far as plotting their death, but to be honest, I'm not far off!

And not only do I mean those huge arguments where everyone says things that they don't really mean, because those are horrible, but even the little things. Just like when someone makes a passing comment.

For example, when I was in like year 8, someone made a passing comment, something like 'She's really quiet. I wouldn't notice if she left the school' or along those lines.

Not only did that comment really piss me off (and I could rant on the topic of 'quietness' for pages and pages) but it upset me. Not only for reasons that I won't rant about now, but because it was just a bit unnecessary. And to this day, I remember that situation because I can't let it go.

And I still don't talk to/trust that person, and because we're all leaving school and going to university/into jobs this year, I honestly don't think I ever will. And that's not really a problem for either of us (I doubt she cares how I feel about her) but I just wish I didn't hold grudges.

Thank you for reading!

Do you hold grudges, or can you easily let things go? Let me know in the comments!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I definitely hold grudges, there are people that I've had in my life who have done thoughtless things and have called me the C word which I will never say or write. Even if they apologise I find it hard to let go, once you've said something you cant take it back like it never happened xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. And to be honest, if people treat you like that, you don't need them in your life xx

      Delete
  2. I hold grudges all the time. I never talk to people about it though. It's only recently I've gotten over things that have happened years ago with my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really similar. Even if I can't remember what was said or done, I don't forget how someone made me feel and pretty much hate them forever. I wish I didn't, but to quote Mr Darcy ' my good opinion once lost is lost forever' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a nice quote! I wish I didn't too! xx

      Delete
  4. I hold grudges for the longest time periods and I hate it. I don't know why i do but I suspect it comes from the fact that I don't trust easy. I don't know. I'm a mess ;)

    xo Rida
    www.mysimplyperfect.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean and you're definitely not a mess! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List