Frozen | Film Review

Calling all Disney fans!


Frozen is a film that I watched for the first time a week ago. I had heard good things about it but had accepted the fact that it may not be 'me'. I am a Disney girl at heart but I have been disappointed with the films that the Disney crew have been producing over the past year or so. Frozen surprised me. This is because it was a very good film.
From the offset, we get caught up in the story of sisters Anna and Elsa. We see how close they are and it makes everyone wish that they had the relationship that these sisters had. I won't give much away, but things don't stay that way. Meeting favourable characters along the way, the film I a feel-good movie that the whole family will love.

Like Mulan and other films, it shows that women are just as capable of saving the day as men, which is good as it tells children not to expect a hero to be there for you every time you stumble.

What is good?
As I said before, the whole family are able to watch the film because it appeals to all ages. The fact that it is animated has nothing to do with the storyline. It's loveable characters help to bring the story forward and help the viewer to identify with it. It's not uncommon to fall in love with the characters while watching the film, especially Anna and Elsa. As well as this, the songs in the film make the film worth watching. Loved favourites such as 'Do you want to build a snowman' and 'Let it go' will have you singing day after day, long after the end credits of the film have come and gone.

What is bad?
Some aspects of the film make it seem slightly unrealistic, even for a Disney animated film. As well as this, the plot of the film, while captivating, doesn't pack as much into it as previous Disney movies, there is no room for side stories. It is purely about sisters Anna and Elsa.

Overall: If you, like me, are a Disney girl at heart, then it won't be hard to get into the film and enjoy it. However, if you are more of a realist than a dreamer, you may want to look for something with a bit more depth.

Leave a comment below of other things that you'd like me to review!

Comments

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'