Fight Club | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Next up for the Bucket List was Fight Club.

To be honest, this isn't one I was looking forward to. I watched it for the first time last year (already knowing the twist) and I didn't really get it. It was just 'okay', so I wasn't enthusiastic about seeing it again.

So I was really surprised that I liked it so much more this time around!

I think the first time I was looking for clues of the twist, and just generally trying to understand why it was so popular. So this time around I didn't have to do any of that and was just able to enjoy it for what it was. And it was such a better experience!

The only thing I regret, which can't be helped, is that I knew the twist. I think everyone whether they've seen the film or not probably knows the twist - it's one of the most well-known plot twists of cinema history. But I would love to know what it would be like to watch it knowing nothing. Because I really think if I had no idea of the twist I might have loved it.

The acting was great, the writing was great, and I've loved the majority of the David Fincher movies I've seen, so I'm really glad I was forced to watch this one again!


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Imaginary | Film Review