You Hurt My Feelings | Film Review

This film came out on Amazon Prime video recently. I knew nothing about it, and was intrigued by the premise.

Beth's (Julia Louis-Dreyfuss) life turns upside down after she accidentally overhears her husband's (Tobias Menzies) honest reaction to her latest book.

I liked this more at the beginning than I did by the end.

The humour is very specific, and in the first 5 minutes, you'll know whether you like it or not, and thankfully I liked it.

The collection of characters were great. We meet them all within the first 10-15 minutes and they're all really well-written with distinct personalities. Some of them I wanted to see more of, but they all complimented each other really well.

The premise is a simple one, but as the film goes on it becomes really thought-provoking.

Having said that, not much happens in the film. As mentioned, the premise is very simple, and it's almost not enough to make a feature-length movie out of.

I found myself getting a bit bored near the end, as I started to feel more about more neutral about the characters and the story. Ultimately it's only okay.

Overall, if the premise doesn't interest you, the film probably won't. But if you're intrigued by it, definitely give it a watch.

6/10

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List