Purple Hearts | Film Review



I hadn't heard much about this film before seeing it, but the premise seemed cute and romantic, so I thought I'd probably like it.

Cassie (Sofia Carson), a musician with a medical condition, agrees to marry Marine, Luke (Nicholas Galitzine), for health insurance benefits. However, when a tragedy occurs, this fake marriage begins to inspire real feelings.

I loved this film. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but I liked it more than I thought I would.

Although the fake dating trope has been done many times before in movies and books, this felt like a somewhat original take on the genre, which was interesting to see.

I loved the chemistry between the two lead actors, which made for a great relationship between the characters. The film includes all the classic enemies-to-lovers romance tropes, but it didn't feel particularly cliché.  The interactions between the characters were realistic, and while I would have liked to see more conflict between them (especially because they had such stark opposing views), it is fun to watch the characters fall in love.

I quickly became really invested in both the characters and their story.

There is a heavy emphasis on music throughout the film, and this works really well. The music itself is beautiful, but the music is also used at really important points as the film continues. It works really well with the plot.

Overall, this is the best fake-dating romance movie I've seen in a long time. The plot and the relationship between these characters was really compelling, the story felt real and authentic, and I would definitely recommend it to any romance fan.

8/10


Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

Suncoast | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Life Lessons From Disney Princes!