Four Good Days | Film Review

I had heard absolutely nothing about this film before it came out on the Sky Premiere channel. What initially attracted me to it was seeing Mila Kunis in a role that I hadn't seen her in before, but I also have a soft spot for this premise, and have seen many films with very similar themes.

Drug addict Molly (Mila Kunis) tries to stay clean for four days while living with her mother (Glenn Close).

I liked this movie. It was essentially what I expected it to be, but it was good nonetheless.

Mila Kunis and Glenn Close are amazing as these characters; their performances are great.

But even without the amazing actors, I really loved the characters themselves, particularly Molly. She is really authentic and real.

I loved that there was no definitive good or bad in this story. These characters and their world is flawed, and just like in the real world, everyone is just trying their best with what they have. You can completely tell that the movie is based on a true story, and I think that really helped it to stay rooted in reality.

The story isn't the most entertaining you'll watch - it isn't even the most entertaining film about addiction, but the story is touching, and you feel for all of the characters. You can put yourself in their shoes and feel empathy and sympathy for them.

The reason why I think so many stories are told about addiction is that this is an issue that is so interesting and so complex, but more than that it is an issue that a lot of people shy away from speaking about, a lot of the time through lack of understanding. So I'm really glad that films like this bring issues like addiction into the spotlight.

Overall, this film is definitely worth watching. You may not love it from start to end, but it's a touching story that definitely deserves to be seen.

7/10


Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion