January Favourites | 2019

Hey Guys x

Welcome to the first 'Favourites' post of 2019! This has been a month filled with a lot of stuff, including many movies and TV shows, so let's get into it!

Favourite Movie (1): The Favourite
Image result for the favourite poster

I've already reviewed this, and you can check out my review HERE, but I am so happy that this film has been nominated for 10 Oscars, because it deserves every single one of those nominations, and I hope that it wins as many as possible because it's a really amazing film!

Favourite Movie (2): A Simple Favor
Image result for a simple favor

Just like the one above, I reviewed this HERE, but I've re-watched it since I reviewed it and still stand by everything that I said in the review. It's such a good film, with so many intriguing twists and turns. Check it out if you haven't had the chance yet.

Favourite TV Show (1): You
Image result for you poster netflix

Yes, I'm as obsessed with this show as everyone else is, and I can't wait for the next season! I'm actually about to start reading the book, and I'm really excited to see which I enjoy more, because I really loved the show. The main thing that draws people in is the show's ability to create an extremely likeable antagonist - playing on the fact that Joe Goldberg found it easy to manipulate people because he knew the right things to say, which is actually quite scary. Watch this if you haven't yet!

Favourite TV Show (2): The Hook-Up Plan
Image result for the hook-up plan poster netflix

This is another Netflix original, but with this one I really feel like I'm the only one watching it because I never see anyone talking about it. It's a French comedy about a girl called Elsa who has just broken up with her boyfriend and is feeling really down. So to help her out, her two best friends, Charlotte and Emilie decide to speed the dating process along by hiring someone to ask Elsa out. However, things like this rarely go as planned... - It's only 8 episodes long, and definitely worth a watch!

Favourite TV Show (3): Charmed
Image result for charmed 2018 poster

Unlike the Netflix shows, this is one of the shows that you have to watch week-by-week, and I love that, because it gives me something to look forward to each week. We're only three episodes in in the UK and I am already obsessed with this show. I only rarely watched the original version, but this one has completely gripped me. It's modern, magical and mysterious, the recipe for a great supernatural TV show!

Favourite Song: She Used To Be Mine

I have no idea how I only found this song this month, but I did. I found it, and fell completely head-over-heels in love with it. I definitely listen to it every day, and I sing it even when I'm not listening to it. I know it's from a musical (called 'Waitress') and now I kind of want to listen to the whole soundtrack!

Favourite Actor (1): Adam Driver
Image result for adam driver blackkklansman

I've known of Adam Driver for a while, mostly through watching 'Girls', but have become a bigger fan of him through his movies 'Logan Lucky' and 'BlacKkKlansman' (which I reviewed HERE) both of which he was amazing in. And I'm really glad that he's been nominated for an Oscar for his work in BlacKkKlansman because he really deserves the nomination.

Favourite Actor (2): Jake Gyllenhaal
Image result for jake gyllenhaal

I've been a fan of Jake for a while, but recently I've been going through his filmography trying to watch as many of his films as possible, and I genuinely believe that he's one of the best actors of our generation. He's done so many films that I'm not even halfway through his filmography, but I've seen 'Prisoners', 'Nightcrawler', 'Southpaw', 'Love & Other Drugs', 'Brokeback Mountain', 'Brothers', 'Enemy', 'End of Watch', 'Prince of Persia', 'The Day After Tomorrow', 'Source Code', and 'Stronger', and he is absolutely phenomenal in each of those roles. Even if the films themselves weren't great (though actually, I don't think any of the films I listed were bad), he was incredible in them. My favourites without a doubt are 'Prisoners', 'Brokeback Mountain', 'Stronger' and the criminally underrated 'Source Code', and I can't wait to slowly make my way through the rest of his movies, because it's clear that the guy doesn't know how to make a bad movie, and it really shows!

Random Favourites

Book: Nocturnal Animals
Image result for nocturnal animals book

I can't say much here because I have a review of this book waiting to go up in the next two weeks or so, but this is an amazing book that I would recommend to everyone, particularly if you're an aspiring writer!

What have been your January Favourites?

Lou

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List