October Favourites | 2018

Hey guys x

So, here's my newest favourites post - tell me in the comments what were loving last month, and what you're loving this month!

Favourite Movie (1): A Star Is Born
Image result for a star is born movie poster

I've already reviewed this film, and you can check my review out HERE! But to my knowledge, it's the only film that I've gone to see in the cinema alone twice, just because I loved it so much. The cinematic release is pretty much ending, which I hate because I would have gone and seen it a third time. But it's in this post because I just completely fell in love with it, and I can't wait until it gets a digital release so that I can watch it over and over again!

Favourite Movie (2): Battle Of The Sexes
Image result for battle of the seces movie poster

I waited for this to come out on the Sky Movies channels, so you can see why it took me so long to talk about it! I haven't decided if I'm going to do a proper review yet, but honestly if you get the chance to see this, see it! I didn't think it would really appeal to me, and I ended up completely loving it. I fell in love with the characters, the story (both the movie version and its real-life counterpart) and I really do think it's the type of film that everyone should see.

Favourite TV Show: Elite
Image result for elite netflix poster

I remember being really excited to watch this show when it was being advertised on TV, because it looked like a Spanish version of 90210 or Gossip Girl or something. And I have to say that it is one of the best shows I've ever watched, period. I got immediately sucked in to every episode because I was so invested in these characters. It is well written, well directed, well acted, and all the episodes are on Netflix so you could literally start watching it right now! As I said, it is Spanish (there's the option for an English dub, but I was completely fine with subtitles) and, like the other shows I mentioned, Spain becomes a character in the show in and of itself. Seriously, if there's one thing in this post that I could make everyone watch above all else, it would be this show!

Favourite Song (1): Demons

Demons by 'Imagine Dragons' is an epic song that you've probably heard a thousand times, so I'm not here to convince you to listen to it. But it was in the trailer for a film that I watched the other day (Called: 'The Words') and watching that trailer made me fall in love with the song, and now I can't stop listening to it!

Favourite Song (2): A Star Is Born Soundtrack
Image result for a star is born soundtrack

I'm currently listening to 'I'll Never Love Again', because whenever I'm doing something that doesn't involve my ears (like typing), this is now my go-to album. I bought it in stages, first going for one or two songs that I liked, then another three or four, and then I gave in and bought the whole thing, and it was the best thing I ever did! Granted there are a lot of moments of dialogue within the album that I didn't download, but every actual song is amazing. If you don't like the rhythm, or the melody, you still find yourself singing along (because you've accidentally learned the lyrics!). Buy this album!

Favourite Actor: Bradley Cooper
Image result for bradley cooper 2012

With the amount that I've been talking about 'A Star Is Born', you could have probably guessed where this was going. I've been a fan of his for a while, but seeing his directorial debut really encouraged me to sit down and go through his entire filmography. I'm not finished yet, but so far the ones that I've completely loved are: 'The Hangover Trilogy', 'Burnt', 'Silver Linings Playbook', 'American Hustle' and 'The A-Team'. He was completely incredible in every one of these roles, and I can't wait to see the ones that I haven't got around to yet! Not only is he an amazing actor and director, but he also has producer credits for a lot of these movies too. He's the kind of actor that you can tell acts because he truly loves movies and the film industry, and as someone that is also completely obsessed with the industry and hoping to work in it one day, he's a real inspiration.

Random Favourites

The 'Lara Jean' Book Trilogy
Image result for to all the boys books

After I finished reading 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before', I immediately bought the other two books that complete the trilogy, and I fell in love with Lara Jean all over again. I'm halfway through the third and I can't seem to shake this character. If you watched the Netflix film, you really should have a go with the book, because I really loved it as much as I loved the movie!

Have you seen/read anything that's on my list? What did you think of it?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List