November Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

So I'm uploading my November Faves really early this month. This is for a number of reasons that will be explained in the post that I put up tomorrow!

But I still have a lot of stuff to talk about, so let's get on with it!

Favourite Movie (1): Widows
Image result for widows movie poster

So, I reviewed this last week, and you can see my review HERE! But to summarise that review, this was definitely one of the best films of 2018, and I say that knowing that there are over a month's worth of films to come until we finish the year. But this was fresh, original, amazingly filmed, perfectly directed... go and see this film!

Favourite Movie (2): American Hustle
Image result for american hustle movie poster

I mentioned this film in my last favourites when I said that I was going through Bradley Cooper's filmography. This is a film that I had owned and knew about for a while, but for some reason I was never in the right mood to watch it. But anyway, I decided to put it on, on a whim, and found myself completely caught up in the story. I didn't expect it to be funny, I didn't expect to care about these characters, and I didn't expect to be so captivated by a story that would never appeal to me, but all these things happened. I laughed through this story and loved every single one of the characters. Definitely watch this if you get the chance!

Favourite Movie (3): Gaga: Five Foot Two
Image result for gaga five foot two poster

I am completely obsessed and in love with Lady Gaga right now. I'm gonna talk about her more later in the post, but I saw this documentary on Netflix and decided to watch it on a whim. And I completely didn't expect to, but I cried through the whole thing, from beginning to end. Now, it's not a particularly emotional documentary, but I just felt deeply a lot of the things that she was saying. So many of her words related to me in one way or another. Plus, the singing, and the amount of talent that's just dripping from her is astounding. I think she's an extremely underrated singer and performer because she's known as the girl that wears weird clothes or whatever, but she's so much more than that, and this documentary just shows you that.

Favourite TV Show (1): Younger
Image result for Younger season 5 poster

The newest season of this amazing show came out this year, and I only got to see it this month, but it was completely worth the wait because it was so good! The premise of the show is, Liza Miller is a 40-something year old woman who has been out of the world of work for 15 years while raising her daughter. But her daughter is now in college, and Liza finds that she can't get anyone in the publishing industry to give her a chance. That is... until she applies for a job and pretends to be 26. But will her lie catch up with her?
This is such a good show, and everyone should be watching it so that we get as many seasons as possible!

Favourite TV Show (2): The Good Place
Image result for The good place season 1 poster

I am obsessed! Everyone talks about this show, but I never thought that it appealed to me, so I kind of subconsciously steered away from it. But when I finished 'Younger', I needed a new show to watch, so I decided to just watch the pilot, and if I hated it, I'd stop. And I loved it! I was so surprised that I fell for it as quickly as I did, but the show instantly became a part of my life. The hype surrounding it is definitely justified!

Favourite Song (1): Million Reasons

If anyone thinks that Lady Gaga isn't an amazing singer and song writer, point them in the direction of this song, because it is everything, and she sounds so amazing in it!

Favourite Song (2): Til The World Stops Turning

This song was used in an emotional scene of The Vampire Diaries (Season 8, episode 15) and I just couldn't stop listening to it after I first heard it. Its the most beautiful song, it was perfect in the scene, and it has fast become one of my favourite love songs ever!

Favourite Song (3): Don't Worry About Me

Again, I first heard this song during The Vampire Diaries, and just like the song above, it completely stayed with me, and it's still with me now. It's such a beautiful song, and if you watch the music video on YouTube, you'll definitely find yourself feeling emotional!

Favourite Song (4): Always Remember Us This Way

Okay, so I already mentioned the 'A Star Is Born' soundtrack in my last favourites post, but this time I'm picking out one song specifically. In the film, this song doesn't come with the most significant moment, and it's not the one that people usually remember when they talk about this film. But for some reason, this is the song that I feel the most. This is the song that I always replay when I play the album, this is the song that I use as inspiration when I'm writing emotional scenes, and this is the song that encapsulates the entire movie for me. This is the song that makes me cry. So I had to include it here. When you listen to it, listen to the lyrics, or read them alongside listening, because that's what made me appreciate the song so much.

Favourite Game: Instlife
Image result for Instalife game

You probably can't tell anything from that picture, but it's the best representation of the game, so I thought that it made sense. This game is like a seriously condensed version of sims or something. What happens is, you start the game and are assigned a random character. From there, you live their life. Making decisions along the way, you try and make them as successful (or unsuccessful) as possible. Each game only lasts like 5 minutes or less, but I've found myself playing this game for hours because it's just so addictive. And I think the fact that nothing's permanent is a really big draw. Play it!

Favourite Music Artist/Actor: Lady Gaga
Image result for Lady gaga

I already said I was obsessed with her, so this definitely doesn't come as a surprise. This all started with 'A Star Is Born'. I loved her performance in that movie, and so decided to find out all about the woman that I've always known about, but never actually known. Her documentary (Gaga: Five Foot Two) really opened my eyes to who she is, and who she wants to be, and I think that she's just such an inspirational, amazing person. She was the perfect person to play Ally in the movie, and her music absolutely speaks for itself. How one person can be so talented, I have no idea!

What are you loving this November?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion