January Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

Welcome to my first 'Favourites' post of the year! Already there have been so many things that I want to include, but I figure as it's the first one, I'll just give you a few of my faves and then save some for future months, if I still love them.

Tell me in the comments what you've been loving so far this year!

Favourite Movie: The X-Men Franchise
Image result for x men franchise

I have been so into this lately! I always say that I'm a fan of 'Marvel', but until this week, my love and knowledge has exclusively covered the 'Marvel Cinematic Universe', rather than the rest of the Marvel movies. So I thought I'd change that and start watching this series of films. Every night I've been watching 1-2 a day (and I currently have two left) and I've just completely fallen in love with this world. I've also kind of fallen in love with James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Hugh Jackman, but that's neither here nor there - these films are so good!

Favourite TV Show: Grey's Anatomy
Image result for grey's anatomy season 2

The first thing I want to say is that the thing I hate more than anything is things getting spoiled for me. So as I'm only on season 2, please don't spoil anything for me in the comments, because it would be really annoying.
But yeah, I've joined this train. I'm so into Grey's it's ridiculous. I don't think I've ever found a show before that I'm just completely in love with from then first episode, but this was it. I just completely fell into it and now I'm stuck! Start watching this if you haven't!

Favourite Song: Go The Distance

I don't know how I fell in love with this song, or how I even found it. This is Michael Bolton's version of the song from Disney's Hercules 'Go The Distance', and I am completely in love with it. His voice is amazing, and the song in itself is so great and has a lot of meaning behind it. Listen to this!

Favourite YouTuber: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Image result for Carrie hope fletcher 2018

A new book, 'Three Cheers for New Years', a solo concert, a freaking album, is there anything that this woman isn't currently doing?? I am so in awe of her and I take so much inspiration from her because I think she's incredible. And as you can see from the things that she's doing this year, it can only get better for her, and I can't wait to be a part of her journey!

Favourite Game: Imagine Teachers
Image result for imagine teacher ds game

As you can see, I've taken a step backwards in technology recently! My sister got a DS for Christmas, so I bought some games, and I've since become obsessed with the games that I used to play years ago. Without a doubt this is the game that I've been playing the most. It brings back so many memories and it just is a really cool and inventive game.

Favourite Actor: James McAvoy
Image result for james mcavoy 2014

I've been so deep into James's filmography lately that I've fallen in love with him, which is fine. He's done some amazing work throughout his career, and he's definitely one of the best actors of our generation. Some that stand out to me (apart from the X-Men movies, which he's obviously amazing in) are: Filth, The Last King of Scotland, Atonement, Victor Frankenstein and Split. Please check some of these films out, because they're honestly all amazing films. I especially think that Filth, The Last King of Scotland and Atonement are films that everyone should watch once, because they're so powerful and important, as well as being well written/acted. All in all, I think he's incredible and I can't wait to see what he does next.

Favourite YouTube Video: BABY

Louise Pentland had her baby and literally picked up her vlogging camera the next day to continue filming her life. And I'm so glad she did because I love watching her anyway, but seeing her as a new mother is like watching Superwoman at work. I think this video was top trending on YouTube for a while, and it completely deserved to be because the video is just so lovely, and I'm sure that Louise and her family will be able to look back on it in years to come and just be filled with immense memories about this precious time in their lives.

Random Favourites

All I Need

Last but not least, we have this. I've been writing this fanfic for a while, and I've spoke about it here a few times. The reason that I'm talking about it again is because, today, I'm uploading the last chapter! I feel such a mix of emotions I can't even really put it into words, but the idea of finishing and uploading the last of a piece of work that you've put so much into is so sad and great at the same time. But as well as that, I'm so excited to officially end it, not only so that the readers can see how it ends, but also so that I can turn my attention to something new, which is always fun. If you want to read it, here it is!

What have been your favourites this month?

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'