The Great Boyfriend Debate!


Hey Guys x

Soooooooooooooo... I'm on Tinder.

It's been about a month, and it's made me think about a lot of things (and it's given me a lot of blog post ideas, which I'm hoping will be as hilarious as I think they are!)

But one thing it made me think about is having a boyfriend.

Now, I've had a few successful, and many unsuccessful tinder experiences, and I've actually made a genuine friend on it, which is great because we talk nearly every day and it doesn't seem like we know each other from tinder any more.

But it got me thinking about having a boyfriend, what that means, and why it's such a big deal.

For example, whenever I watch any movie (aside from horror movies, most of the time) whether it's a romance, drama, comedy or something else, there is at least one character desperately seeking out a romantic relationship.

And I don't know how I feel about that.

With my friends, there isn't one of us that's constantly worrying about being single, like the movies would suggest.

And it made me wonder how important having a boyfriend is.

Like, I've been obsessed with being in a relationship for years.

Why?

Wanting this so much has, in a way, stopped me from appreciating the stage of my life that I'm at now.

I'm 20 years old. I'm allowed to do my exams and have fun with friends, and read and write and blog and make things and talk to guys on tinder without the fact that I'm not in a relationship looming over me.

I should also be able to do this without worrying that it'll never happen to me. I always have the worry in the back of my mind that nothing is ever going to happen for me. I'll be a 40 year old with nothing to hold me down or make me happy.

And I know that this probably won't happen, but I don't even know why it matters to me so much anyway.

I guess the point of this post is that, it's taken me 20 years to realise that there is SO much more to me than the girl who doesn't have a boyfriend.

And I'm looking forward to finding out the loves, hobbies and friends of the girl that no longer cares about having a boyfriend.

Thanks for reading.

What are your thoughts about this? Comment below!

Lou xx

Comments

  1. Awesome to think so. I was inspired by a close person I know, and Primary school, how it really isn't all that. I'm not into lovey-dovey stuff, but meh. If you're not looking, as they say it's the best thing. Chartings more better, lollz. Take care. Learning curve right...?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review