10 Movies To Scare You This Halloween!

Hey Guys x

There's only so many times that I can talk about my love of horror movies, but as Halloween is coming up in just over a week, I thought I'd write this post.

As the title suggests, there are the scary movies that I never recommend to people that aren't fans of horror. So if you're not a fan of scary, I wouldn't recommend most of these. But if you're having friends over or if you're trying to be a bit scared, I'd definitely tell you to watch some of these!

The Conjuring 2
Image result for the conjuring 2 poster

I've spoken about this film on the blog before but I love it so much! The movie is big on it's jump scares and scary music, so definitely watch if that's your thing! It would probably be great to watch with a group of friends, and there are many moments that you can laugh about once you've seen it more than once!

Lights Out
lights out

Another film that I've spoken about a lot since I watched it a week or two ago. This again is quite heavy with the jump scares, but I've watched it with a friend who hates horror movies and she could watch it and enjoy it, so this is definitely one to watch if you want to be able to sleep later that night... just don't turn the lights out!

Insidious 2
















For this, I would say that it would make sense to see the first Insidious film first, but of the franchise, this is my favourite one, and definitely the most scary in my opinion! It carries directly on from the first film, but the premise is different. And like the two above, the villain isn't necessarily human...

Urban Legend
Urban Legend

This is one of my all-time favourites and will continue to recommend it for as long as I love horror. The idea is really original (killing people based on urban legends), the actors are amazing and you'll never guess who the killer is! A perfect horror in my book!

The Ring
The Ring

This a classic that most people I know have already seen. You know the premise, someone watches a video, and then gets a phone call, telling them that they're going to die in 7 days. Classics are great, so if you haven't seen this, you definitely should! And if you want a tame version, this premise was the base of one of the 'Scary Movie' movies, which are comedy spoofs.

One Missed Call
One Missed Call

I feel like this one is very underrated, not many people have seen it. It's kind of the opposite of The Ring in that, rather than getting a phone call about dying in 7 days, you miss a phone call. They you get a voicemail message detailing your exact death and telling you when it'll happen. A very entertaining film that will make you scared to ever miss a phone call!

The Uninvited
The Uninvited

This film has the best twist in a horror movie that I've ever seen, and I keep going back to it for precisely that reason! I really envy people who have never seen this film before because I'd love to be able to watch it again with no knowledge of the ending or the twist, but definitely watch this film, it's great!

The Invitation
Invitation, The [Blu-Ray/DVD]

This one also has a bit of a twist in it. Through the whole movie you're going back and forth in trying to work out who's right and who's wrong, but it definitely surprised and entertained me, so it's worth a shot it you're apprehensive about horrors. If anything, it's more of an intense thriller.

Saw Franchise
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection [Blu-ray + Digital HD]

I am a huge fan of the saw films, they may be my favourite franchise! But if you're not in the mood for jump scares and don't mind A LOT of gore, this is definitely the franchise to watch! It's not scary, just the goriest thing you'll see, but so fun and entertaining, especially if you're watching with other people!

Oculus
Oculus by 20th Century Fox

This is one of my favourites out of this whole list! The idea is unique, the actors are amazing, and I could watch it over and over again without getting bored or wanting it to be over. This is one that definitely needs to be given a chance!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below some of your favourite horror films that I haven't mentioned!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I'm the complete opposite to you with insidious films! I thought the second film wasn't scary at all. The first film was my favourite and I found the third film the most scary.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review