Boyz n the Hood | 100 Movies Bucket List

Another Bucket List re-watch!

I've definitely seen this a good few times throughout my life, from when I was really young. So I was familiar with it, even if I couldn't remember everything that happened.

I've never loved this film. I've always thought it was just fine, and I didn't mind it being on the list, but it wasn't one I was really looking forward to watching again.

Like so many others that I've written about, I enjoyed this more while re-watching it this time, than I have while watching it any other time before.

And that's not to say I loved it this time, because I still thought it was just fine, but I think I had a bit more appreciation for it this time. It was also the first time I've seen it since the director, John Singleton, died, so that might be why I appreciated it more too.

But I also was able to really recognise all of the amazing actors in it that have gone on to have amazing careers. I had no idea the film starred so many people I knew - Cuba Gooding Jr, Laurence Fishburn, Morris Chestnut, Ice Cube, Angela Bassett, Nia Long, Regina King being the main ones. Because of this, if nothing else, the film is an amazing showcase of Black talent, so that was really great to see!

So while this wasn't my favourite, I had a good time with it and loved seeing how many actors started their careers here! 



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review