3 Month Favourites! | July - September 2020

Hey Guys x

This one kind of snuck up on me this month. I've been really busy and as a result, blogging has taken a bit of a backseat. Nevertheless, there are a lot of things that I've been watching and listening to this month, so let's get on with the post!

Favourite Movie (1): The Devil All the Time

If I had done this post in a month's time, this film probably wouldn't have made the list. But it's here because it's the best film that I've seen in the last fortnight, and I really did enjoy it. If you want to read my review, check it out HERE

Favourite Movie (2): Can You Keep a Secret? 

I have written my review of this, but haven't uploaded it yet, so I won't say much about it now. But this movie is on Netflix and it is the movie adaptation of a Sophie Kinsella novel (which I'm currently reading, because I enjoyed the film so much). Definitely check it out if you get the chance.

Favourite Movie (3): Bad Education

Check out my review of this film HERE. But it's in this list because I was so surprised by what it ended up being. I definitely didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did because it's framed as more of an informative movie than an enjoyable one. But I really liked the way the story was told, and I think it's a film that so many more people should watch.

Favourite Movie (4): The Good Liar


This was probably my favourite of the last three months - or at least, second place to the film that I'm gonna write about next. I am reviewing this, so again I won't say too much, but please watch this film if you have the chance. It is such a great story. Even though it might move slowly in the beginning, the ending completely makes up for that times a million!

Favourite Movie (5): Mary and Max


I knew absolutely nothing about this movie. But I was watching an interview with Taron Egerton, and he mentioned this film and how emotional it made him, so I immediately added it to my list and, luckily, it happened to be on Amazon Prime Video (and still is).

It's about a friendship between an eight-year-old girl and a forty-four-year-old man solely through letters. It is an animated movie, and one of the most heart-warming stories I've ever seen. It's targeted at more of an adult audience, and if there was one movie on this list that I could make everyone in the world watch, it would be this one.

Favourite TV Show (1): Schitt's Creek

I started watching this a few months ago, but after the show's epic Emmy wins, I've started binging and have become completely obsessed. It's a sitcom about a family that suddenly go broke and have to move from their mansion to a small motel in a town that they've purchased called 'Schitt's Creek'. And as you can imagine, hilarity ensues. 
The show is on Netflix, and if you're not watching it yet, what are you waiting for? 

Favourite TV Show (2): Modern Family

I used to be a huge fan of Modern Family. Then, for one reason or another, I stopped watching it around the time that season 8 was airing. But the show has now finished, and around the time that it finished, the first 7 seasons became available on Netflix, so I decided to re-watch them, and I fell in love with the show all over again. Now I'm binging the show so that I can finally finish it, and I'm really excited to see how it ends.

 Favourite TV Show (3): Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

This one is bittersweet because it was recently announced that this show has been cancelled after one season, which I was really upset by because I feel like there was so much left to do with it. But this was another Taron Egerton-inspired watch, as he voices one of the main characters. I was completely unaware of the movie that it's based on, and knew nothing about it going in, other than the fact that it is puppetry, rather than live action or animation and this was really intriguing. I didn't love the first episode (mainly because I didn't understand it, and it was hard to learn who the characters are). But after watching three, I was addicted, and completely flew through the remaining 7. I became obsessed with the future of these characters that I had grown to love. So even though we won't be getting any more episodes of this completely amazing, one-of-a-kind show, I would definitely recommend watching season 1.   

Favourite Song (1): Border Song

I'm not talking about Rocketman again because I talked about it a lot in my last one of these posts, but I have to mention this song again because it is my favourite from the soundtrack, and has become a song that I can't go a day without listening to. I'm listening to it right now as I type this. It is incredibly beautiful, and is perfect both in and outside of the movie.

Favourite Song (2): Before You Go 

 
I thought that 'Someone You Loved' would always be my favourite Lewis Capaldi song, but I hadn't heard this one yet. This is a beautiful song, and it's always my go-to when I open Spotify. Definitely listen to this!

Favourite Song (3): You Haven't Seen the Last of Me

I saw 'Burlesque' for the first time last month, and while I'm not completely in love with the film, I did fall in love with some of the music. This song, sung by Cher, is complete stand-out. Not just because of the words or the melody, but because of where it falls in the film. It is an amazing song on its own, but hearing it with the context of the movie just made it so powerful.

Favourite YouTuber: Hazel Hayes

Back in 2016, when I was obsessed with Youtubers, Hazel Hayes made a series called Time of the Month. I completely devoured it, and then I never watched it again. This month I decided to re-watch those videos, and it was a really weird experience. Not only did it remind me of what Hazel and her friends were doing at that time, and how so much has changed, but it also reminded me of what I used to like, and how much I've changed too. I'm still, four years on, so glad that Hazel made that series, and I can't wait to watch it in another few years!

Favourite Actor (1): Jamie Bell
Between 'Rocketman', 'Skin', 'Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool', and 'Man on a Ledge', I have been watching so much of Jamie Bell lately, and most of it has been unintentional. He has never struck me as someone who makes consistently good movies, but he really does. I have yet to see him in a really bad movie (we're not mentioning Fan4stic), and I'm becoming a huge fan.

Favourite Actor (2): Issa Rae

Just like with Jamie, I have been watching a lot of Issa Rae unintentionally lately. I have watched 'Little', 'The Photograph', and 'The Lovebirds' in the last few months, and have re-watched 'The Hate U Give' so many times since first seeing it in the cinema. It has got to the point where, if she is in a film, I know that the film will be good, and I look forward to seeing so much more of her work.

Favourite Actor (3): Henry Cavill 
My love for Henry Cavill never goes away, it simply lays dormant until his next project, and his more recent project was Enola Holmes. You can read my review of the film HERE, but watching it prompted me to go back through Henry's movies, and my obsession at the moment has been fully reinstated. I will always believe that he is the best Superman (sorry Tom Welling!), but I've also really been appreciating his other movies, including two of my absolute favourites, 'Man from U.N.C.L.E' and 'Mission Impossible - Fallout', both of which are on Netflix. I also can't wait to see the Snyder Cut of Justice League, as well as the further three DC movies that he's rumoured to be playing Superman in! 

Favourite Book: Shagged, Married, Annoyed
I have been listening to Chris and Rosie Ramsey's 'Shagged, Married, Annoyed' podcast since the first episode came out, so when they announced that they would be writing a book, of course I pre-ordered and read it as soon as I got it. It is like a feature-length version of their podcast, and it was as nice to read as it is to listen to.

And there we have another three month favourites - what have been your favourite things in the last three months?

Lou   

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review