3 Month Favourites! | January - March 2020

Hey Guys x

So I haven't done a 'Favourites' post since December, and I think that I'm only going to do it monthly if I have something that I really want to talk about, rather than forcing myself to do it each month and then having some of the months feel either repetitive or sparse.

Welcome to my first 'Favourites' post of 2020!

Favourite Film (1): The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man (2020 film) - Wikipedia

I reviewed this film the day after I saw it because I was so excited to talk about it. You can read my review HERE, but to summarise, I really loved this film. I was waiting so long to see a really good horror movie, and I felt like this is what I'd been waiting for. I can't wait to watch it again!

Favourite Film (2): Parasite
Parasite (2019 film) - Wikipedia

Again, I reviewed this film when I first saw it, and you can read my review HERE, and again I'll just summarise by saying that it's amazing. But of course I don't need to say that, given that it won Best Picture (and three other awards) at the Oscars in February!

Favourite Film (3): Countdown
Countdown (2019) - IMDb

I've written my review of this but I haven't posted it yet, so I won't spoil anything from my review. I'll just say that I really really enjoyed this film, and if you get the chance to watch it, definitely watch it!

Favourite TV Show (1): Elite
Elite (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb

I mentioned Elite in my last Favourites post so I wasn't going to include it here, but as the new season just came out, I couldn't not talk about it. It's probably my favourite TV show full stop right now. I'm only a few episodes in to the season but it's already holding up as being as good as the first two. In fact, I already think it's better than the second. Watch this!

Favourite TV Show (2): It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TV Series 2005– ) - IMDb

I've started re-watching a few shows this year, and this is the one that I'm enjoying watching the most. Every episode of this show is hilarious, and because of all the dramas out right now, a 20-minute show feels like a rarity. Definitely give this a shot if you've never seen it. You have to have a particular sense of humour, but if you do, you'll love it!

Favourite Song (1): Into The Unknown

While I'm not a fan of the second Frozen film at all, this song is one that I heard for the first time when it was performed at the Oscars and I loved it. It's one of the best parts of the movie.

Favourite Song (2): Anyone

I've always been a huge fan of Demi Lovato - her voice is incredible. But this song has taken her out of her own league. Not only does she sound incredible, but the lyrics of the song on their own are so powerful that the song would be heartbreaking no matter who was singing it, but the fact that it's Demi just makes it all the more heartbreaking.

Favourite YouTuber: Hazel Hayes
Hazel Hayes (@TheHazelHayes) | Twitter

I was thinking about totally omitting this category due to the fact that I don't think I've watched any 'YouTubers' in at least a year and a half that aren't either Hazel, Louise Pentland or Carrie Hope Fletcher, and I didn't want to keep talking about them in rotation throughout the year. However I thought I'd mention Hazel here because I don't know if I've mentioned on the blog that she has written a book that is coming out later in the year. I've pre-ordered it, and I can't wait to read it!

Favourite Actor: Ben Affleck

Ben Affleck Movie 'The Way Back' Moved to 2020 – Variety

I've been a huge fan of Ben Affleck for such a long time, but recently he's been on the promotional tour for his movie The Way Back (which I haven't had the chance to see yet because of cinemas being closed), and it's one of the most refreshing press tours I've ever seen. Seeing him be so open and honest about his life has made me even more of a fan than I already was.

Favourite Book (1): The Guest List by Lucy Foley
The Guest List: The Biggest Crime Thriller of 2020 from The No.1 ...

I LOVED this book. I've written a review that hasn't gone up yet so I won't spoil anything I've said, but I absolutely loved this book. The way it was written, the way it was laid out, everything about it was great! I've just started reading 'The Hunting Party' by Foley, which seems to have a very similar plot, so I hope it's as good as this one!

Favourite Book (2): Lies by T M Logan
Lies: The number 1 bestselling psychological thriller that you won ...

Not only is this the best book I've read this year, but from what I can remember, it's also probably the best book I read last year too. I haven't written a review of it, but I will if I find the time because the reviews on Amazon really downplay just how amazing this book is. Everyone should read it!

And that's it, my 3 month favourites. What have been your favourite things so far this year?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review