Spotlight On... Adam Driver!

Image result for Adam Driver

Hey Guys x

Up next in my 'Spotlight On...' series, Adam Driver!

I only got into Adam Driver in the last few months, after I finally saw BlacKkKlansman and saw what a great actor he is. So, of course, I had to sit down and watch as much of his filmography as I could!

Which is why he's a perfect person to include in this series.

Favourite Movie: BlacKkKlansman
Image result for blackkklansman film

I'm guessing most people have probably heard of this movie, considering that it got a lot of attention earlier this year. It's about an African American policeman who decides to infiltrate the KKK.
It's as insane as it sounds, and a really amazing movie, especially when you consider the fact that it's a true story. Adam was nominated for his first Academy Award for this movie, and as much as I would have loved John David Washington to also have been nominated, he was a really worthy nominee, who did an amazing job in the movie.

Least Favourite Movie: Bluebird
Image result for bluebird film

The thing about the movie is that, it's not my least favourite because it's a bad movie, it's my least favourite because it had a great premise, and then turned out to be a bit boring and disappointing.
It's about a woman who makes a careless mistake that results in tragedy for two families.
It could have been such an amazing film, but there was always something off, whether the script, the direction or whatever I don't know, but I expected it to be a masterpiece of film-making and it just... wasn't.

Most Underrated Movie: This Is Where I Leave You
Image result for this is where i leave you

This is such a great movie, and severely underrated!
It's about a group of somewhat dysfunctional siblings who are brought back to their family home when their father dies, discovering that their time apart hasn't changed their sibling relationships at all, despite how much they've done and how old they are.
First of all, if Jason Bateman is in a movie, you know it's probably going to be funny. Add Tina Fey to that and hilarity ensues, without even mentioning the other actors, including Adam, Corey Stoll, and Jane Fonda, who are all so amazing in their respective roles. The last time I checked, it was on Amazon Prime, so watch it if you can!

Most Overrated Movie: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote
Image result for the man who killed don quixote

I don't know where to start with this movie, so I guess I'll start with a basic description.
An advertising director, having an unsuccessful shoot, is pulled into something he doesn't understand when one of his stars begins to believe that he is Don Quixote.
I think the main problem is that I didn't understand it. Every time I thought I had a grip on what was happening on screen, something came completely out of left-field and shattered everything I thought I knew. It was also a contender for 'Least Favourite', because as well as not understanding it, I just don't think it was a great film at all, and it's probably not one I would watch again.

Movie That Everyone Should Watch: Logan Lucky
Image result for logan lucky movie poster

This isn't a profound, life-changing movie or anything like that. The reason that I think everyone should watch this is simply because it's an amazing movie, particularly if you're interested in film-making.
Three siblings decide to pull of a huge heist, with the help of three criminals and a plan that could go wrong in a hundred different ways.
There were so many things to love about this movie. It's extremely entertaining, funny, well directed by Steven Soderbergh with characters that you can't help but love. Again, I think it's on Amazon Prime, so check it out!

Best TV Show: Girls
Image result for Girls tv show

I started watching this show last year, then went off it and didn't start watching it again until this year, and found that it was a lot better than I had first thought it was... for the first four seasons. 5 and 6 really let the show down, in my opinion, but the first four seasons were great!
It's about four girls in their early 20s, living in New York and dealing with things that most young girls deal with, from money worries, to relationships, to making bad decisions, and everything in between.
While a lot of the characters weren't particularly likeable, particularly in the first season, it really found it's feet and became a show that I didn't want to miss.

Most Anticipated Movie: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Image result for star wars rise of skywalker poster

Who isn't excited for this movie? I'm a recent Star Wars fan, but a huge one nonetheless, and I'm so excited for the new movie to come out! I really enjoyed both 'The Force Awakens' and 'The Last Jedi', so hopefully this is as good as they are, if not better!

Best Character: Kylo Ren
Image result for Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren is easily one of my favourite movie villains of all time. He's layered, complex, bat-shit crazy, and I'm completely invested in his arc. I hope he continues to thrive in the next Star Wars movie, because the third in each trilogy of Star Wars movies in the past hasn't necessarily been great for the antagonist...

Honourable Mentions

Favourite Movie: 'What If', 'Hungry Hearts'

Least Favourite Movie: 'Not Waving But Drowning', 'Tracks'

Most Underrated Movie: 'Midnight Special'

Most Overrated Movie: 'Silence'

Movie That Everyone Should Watch: 'Paterson'

Best Character: 'Flip Zimmerman'

How many Adam Driver movies have you seen? What is your favourite?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'