April Favourites | 2019

Hey Guys x

It's that time of the month again, and I've done this so many times that I've run out of ways to introduce the 'Favourites' - maybe I'll stop introducing them?

What were your favourite things in April?

Favourite Movie: Avengers: Endgame
Image result for avengers: endgame movie poster

I watched a few good movies this month, but nothing even holds a candle to this epic masterpiece of filmmaking, and I don't say that lightly. I really really loved this film, for reasons that I went into in my review of it, which you can read HERE. But there was no film better than this in April, and if you haven't seen it, go see it!

Favourite TV Show (1): Proven Innocent
Image result for proven innocent

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. And I'm saying that with full knowledge of the other amazing TV shows on right now, but of the ones that I watch, nothing beats this (and I watch a lot of shows!). Proven Innocent is a show about a woman called Madeline Scott who was sent to jail for a crime that she didn't commit. Now, she spends her days as a lawyer, trying to get other innocent people out of jail. I can't explain how much I love this show, and it annoys me that the reasons that people don't like it are either because it portrays a same-sex relationship, or it shows more ethnic minorities being helped by Madeline and her team than white people. Honestly, give it a chance because it's a great show with a really important message, and some really interesting characters and story-lines.

Favourite TV Show (2): The Murders
Image result for the murders

Unlike the show above, this isn't one that I got into right away. However, I'm on the third episode now and I've finally warmed to it enough to know that I will continue watching until the season finishes. It's a cop drama, like a lot of shows these days, based on a woman called Kate Jameson, the daughter of a deceased homicide detective, who is now one herself. In the pilot episode of the show, Kate's actions and mistakes cause the death of her partner, so through all the cases she takes on, the guilt never leaves her. So as well as being a show about murders, it's also about her and whether or now she'll be able to forgive herself for her mistakes. Stick with this one, because I think it's gonna get really good!

Favourite Song: Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Soundtrack
Image result for mamma mia 2 soundtrack

I've probably talked about this before, but I recently re-watched the film, and fell in love with the music all over again. The first film did an amazing job with the songs, and the second definitely carried that on. Pay special attention to 'I've Been Waiting For You' and 'My Love, My Life' because they're both incredibly beautiful.

Favourite Music Artist: Grey's Anatomy Cast
Image result for greys musical episode

Grey's Anatomy did a musical episode of the show a few years ago, and I've only recently gotten to that episode, and I completely loved it! They sang some amazing songs, and some of the cast members have incredible voices! Even if you don't watch the show, listen to some of their covers!

Favourite Actor(s): Avengers: Endgame Cast
Image result for avengers endgame cast

I've already talked about how much I loved the film, and the franchise, and a big part of that is due to the amazing cast that were assembled to play these characters. Of course, every single person involved in the movies is amazing, but I have to give some time to the OG six, who started this whole thing off. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner were the first heroes, and without spoilers, this film completely changed everything for them. There couldn't have been a better group of actors to bring these movies to life, and I'm so grateful to them for creating these heroes.

Tell me in the comments what your April faves have been!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion