Ticket to Paradise | Film Review

 

I was really looking forward to seeing this one! I love a rom-com, and I love seeing George Clooney and Julia Roberts on screen together, so this was a no-brainer.

When their daughter (Kaitlyn Dever) announces her engagement to a man she hardly knows, David (George Clooney) and Georgia (Julia Roberts) put their hate for each other aside to stop her from making the same mistake they made.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was what I wanted it to be, and what I thought it would be.

As expected, the chemistry between Clooney and Roberts is still as amazing as always. But in saying that, the entire cast is incredible.

The film is genuinely funny without having to try too hard. It doesn't quite keep up this momentum as it continues, but is still enjoyable all the way through.

One thing that felt a bit jarring was that, in terms of the daughter's wedding, it felt like the film was trying to stop us from being on the parents' side, but I was on their side and still am. It was like the writers made the daughter make a reckless decision, and then made it seem that no one other than the parents could see this. In turn, this made the parent's actions seem over the top, but in another movie, it wouldn't have seemed so crazy.

The film is predictable, but it's also equally adorable.

I didn't love the ending, but I definitely enjoyed the journey.

Overall, this is an adorable movie. If you're a fan of rom-coms, any of the actors involved, or mid-credit blooper reels, then this is definitely one for you.

6.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List