After Ever Happy | Film Review

The fourth instalment of After - each time I watch one of these films and see how bad it is, I almost think about not watching the next one. But here I am with a review of the fourth.

After the events of the last film, secrets are revealed that threaten to break up Tessa (Josephine Langsford) and Hardin (Hero Fiennes-Tiffin) for good.

This was not a good movie. 

The first note I made was that I hate these characters. I hate them individually and I hate them together. They're not enjoyable to watch.

Most of the dialogue feels inauthentic and disingenuous.

The story itself is bland and boring. It feels like a bunch of random scenes cut together, rather than a coherent movie.

There wasn't much in terms of plot, and the whole thing felt pointless.

It had the most abrupt, random ending I've seen in a film in a while.

Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend any of the After films, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this one - and yet I'll probably watch the next one (because unfortunately, there will be a next one).

2/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List