2021

 

As I write this, it's 1.25am on what has just become the 1st of January, 2021.  I've written a post about 2020, but I also wanted to write one about 2021.

I don't know what's going to happen in 2021, but one thing I've decided is that I want to focus on my blog a bit more this year.

For the last 2 years, all of my posts have either been film or book reviews, or have been film related. And as much as I love doing that, I miss when I used this blog to write. Whether that's rants, rambles, or anything else that I felt like posting. 

So I want to do a bit more writing on the blog this year. I still want to do a lot of reviews (I have a whole line-up of films ready to watch and review), and my love of films is as strong as ever so I don't see that changing. But I also want to use this blog to reignite my love of writing.

But more than that, I want to go back to treating my blog as a priority. Since I finished uni and started working, everything unrelated to work kind of fell by the wayside, blogging included. Because of this, it was so easy for my blog to become solely film reviews. I watch films anyway, why not review them? But writing for any other purpose has been placed on the backburner, and I want to bring it back to the forefront.

As well as that, I've also slightly changed up my blog design. Mostly I've just muted the colours a bit, and made sure that there is a consistent colour theme running through it. The bright pink got a bit jarring after a while.

So I guess this post was the start of me going back to my old way of blogging - starting posts, writing, and not knowing where they'll end up. I've missed this.

But those are my blogging plans for 2021 - blog more, write more, treat my blog like a priority.

Other than that, Happy New Year to everyone reading. I hope this year is a million times better than the last one!


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'