March Favourites | 2019

Hey Guys x

You know the drill by now, so I'm just gonna get straight into it!

What were your favourite things in March?

Favourite Movie (1): What If
Image result for what if film poster

I feel like this film isn't spoken about enough when people talk about rom-coms, which is a shame because I thought it was great! It handles the age-old question of whether men and women really can be just friends, with no romantic attraction. But it handles that in such an original way, with witty, realistic dialogue, and a main couple that you can really root for. Give it a watch if you get the chance (It's on Amazon Prime!).

Favourite Movie (2): The 'Star Wars' Franchise
Image result for star wars a new hope poster

I've written a post all about this, that'll go up sometime this week. But two weeks ago I watched all the films in quick succession, and completely fell in love with this new world - and I can't wait for Episode IX in December!

Favourite Movie (3): Okja
Image result for okja movie poster

To be honest, I didn't really expect to like this film. Because, when all you're going by is a description, the phrase 'girl tries to save her giant pet pig' isn't really one that grabs my attention. But I'm so glad that I watched it because it was such a great film! Definitely one that everyone should see, and it's on Netflix, so watch it!

Favourite TV Show (1): The Good Place
Image result for the good place season 3 poster

I'm not a binge-watcher, at all. I feel like I'm completely alone in being a person that much prefers one episode a week to binge watching a season in a day. But I had a whole day free, I was bored, so I put the second episode in the third series on, and ended up leaving it on until I finished the season. I have to admit, while I loved the first season of the show, I wasn't a huge fan of the second, so I thought that I wouldn't like the third. But to my surprise, the third season was so good! And I can't wait for the next one!

Favourite TV Show (2): Speechless
Image result for Speechless

This show has just started playing on E4 in the UK, but I know that there's at least three seasons available in the US. It's about a family and centers around the oldest son, JJ, who has Cerebral Palsy and can't speak (hence the show's name). But all of the characters are amazing in their own right. There are a lot of sitcoms on or finishing right now, but this one definitely deserves some attention because it's smart, hilarious and something that you probably haven't seen before!

Favourite Song: 'Heathers' The Musical Soundtrack
Related image

The UK cast of the 'Heathers' West End musical recorded the songs from the musical, and it's now an album that you can buy and listen to at all available places. While I didn't get to see the actual musical, I was a fan of some of the songs already, and they did such an amazing job with the recording! My favourites include 'Dead Girl Walking', 'Seventeen', 'Candy Store', 'I Say No' and 'Shine A Light'.

Favourite Game: Sims 3
Image result for sims 3

I've been playing Sims a lot recently. For some reason, the Sims 3 pc game is really glitchy, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable - it just means creating new games over and over again, with new families and new fun things to do.

Favourite Actor (1): Adam Driver
Image result for Adam Driver

He was one of my favourites back in January after I'd seen BlackKklansman, but he's here again because of Star Wars, and because I've been slowly going through his filmography and he's just a completely amazing actor. He's the kind of actor who becomes the best thing about mediocre movies, except the movies that he's been in, from what I've seen, have all been really great. I mean, he's still the best thing in them, but he makes really great, smart choices about the work he does, and so far has worked with some of the most amazing directors. Plus, Star Wars, which speaks for itself. So as you can tell, I'm a fan!

Favourite Actor (2): John Boyega
Image result for john boyega

As with Adam, Star Wars speaks for itself and barely needs a mention. But from the cast, John Boyega is the person whose interviews I've enjoyed watching the most. He's hilarious in and of himself, he's a brilliant actor (who doesn't get enough credit for his roles in 'Attack the Block' and 'Detroit') and I can't wait to see him in everything that he's got to come, including the new Star Wars movie!

Random Favourites

Spotify
Image result for spotify

Finally, the last thing that I want to talk about in my March Favourites, Spotify. I've been doing a lot of writing lately, and my favourite way to listen to music while writing is through Spotify. While I have an iPod, and I have playlists created on YouTube, there's something about Spotify that I really enjoy - even though it has ads because I haven't paid for premium! But yeah, I've been using this non-stop this month!

What are your March favourites?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'