May Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

I didn't put up a post last week, for a variety of reasons, but I have added a (probably unnecessary) privacy policy to the blog because of the way that everyone was stressing over GDPR, so that's something!

Anyway, let's get on with the post!

Favourite Movie (1): Now You See Me
Image result for now you see me poster

I'm going to review this really soon (hopefully within the next 2 weeks) so I don't want to say anything about it here except - you should definitely see this film! It's one of the best films I've seen in ages, and I wish I saw it when it first came out!

Favourite Movie (2): Joy Ride
Image result for Joy Ride poster

This is one of my favourite horror movies in the entire world. This week I found out that there have since been two sequels, so I went about watching all three of them on consecutive days and I can confirm that the original is indeed the best! Check this out if you're a fan of horror and you've never seen it!

Favourite Movie (3): 13 Going On 30
Image result for 13 going on 30 poster

And finally, the third old film that I'm promoting. This used to be my favourite film when I was young (probably about 13!). This week I watched it again to see if it holds up and it really does! It's a funny, fluffy, lovely movie that also teaches you a lesson about how to treat people and the way that a simple decision can change your life.

Favourite TV Show (1): The Big Bang Theory
Image result for The big bang theory poster

For some reason, this has become a controversial show to be a fan of, but for me, if something makes me laugh, I'm probably a fan. And as much as I think that the show isn't nearly as funny as it was in the earlier seasons, the end of the current season saw some huge character development. I won't spoil it in case someone likes the show and hasn't caught up, but it was really nice.

Favourite TV Show (2): The Vampire Diaries
Image result for the vampire diaries poster

Since I finished uni, my head has been firmly in fanfiction mode (my favourite mode to be in!). I'm working on a new fic based on TVD, which has required me to get my DVDs out and watch my favourite bits again and again!
If you're interested in checking out the first chapter of 'Unstoppable', (plus an extended summary and the cast list), please do so by clicking HERE!

Favourite Song: The Story


The first video is the song by the original artist Brandi Carlile, the second video is the song as seen on Grey's Anatomy, performed by Sara Ramirez. The song is beautiful by both artists, but has different meanings because of the context of the videos, but both women have amazing voices. Definitely listen to both of these versions of this perfect song.

Favourite Actor: Mark Ruffalo
Image result for mark ruffalo

Welcome to my current obsession! For the last two weeks, I've been slowly going through his filmography and I've been amazed at all the hidden gems that I've managed to find! A lot of them I want to review, but a few standouts have definitely been 'The Normal Heart', 'Spotlight', 'Shutter Island', 'Now You See Me', 'Begin Again' and 'Thor: Ragnarok', as well as all of the Avengers movies. For real, if a film stars him, I know that there's a 80% chance that it's going to be great, and so far I haven't been proven wrong. Not only does this show what an amazing actor he is, but also that he chooses amazing roles for himself, important roles that can actually make a difference to people's lives. They've definitely made a difference to me.

Favourite YouTube Video: CENTER PARCS

I'm a nosy person, so I love to watch vlogs and see what's going on in the lives of YouTubers. Louise's vlogs are definitely some of my favourites, and this one in particular was so good! She and a friend took their daughters to Center Parcs, and it was really nice to see Louise portraying the truth about parenting alone and having more than one kid. She's always real and honest, and she'll always be one of my favourite YouTubers.

What have been your faves this month?

Lou

Comments

  1. Ooh not heard those songs before, will give them a listen! I'm loving Shawn Mendes' new album. LOVE your new blog design.
    Aleeha xXx
    https://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't heard his album yet but I'll definitely give it a listen! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The YouTuber Book Rant!

8 Photos Of Happiness!

Groundhog Day | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #125: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood